Are you a grilled cheese addict? Are you running out of delicious recipes to try? If so, this is the sandwich for you! Add some crunch to your lunch with the Potato Chip Grilled Cheese sandwich. Spice it up with your choice of potato chips to add that extra flavor boost! This delicious grilled cheese sandwich is perfect for any grilled cheese lover. Add some hot, creamy tomato soup for the whole grilled cheese experience, this sandwich will leave your taste buds asking f or more. Go ahead, give it a try!
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into three even pieces
- 2 slices hearty white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm or Arnold
- 2 slices American, Cheddar, or Jack cheese
- 1 big handful potato chips
- Kosher salt
- Melt one third of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until foaming subsides. Add both bread slices and cook, swirling occasionally, until pale golden brown on bottom side, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board toasted-side-up. Place cheese slices on top of one slice, add potato chips pressing down to break them gently, then close sandwich, with both toasted sides facing inwards.
- Melt one more piece of butter in the skillet and reduce heat to medium low. Add sandwich and cook, swirling occasionally, until deep, even golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove sandwich using a flexible metal spatula. Add the remaining butter. Return sandwich to skillet cooked-side up. Season with salt. Cook, swirling occasionally, until second side is deep, even golden brown and cheese is thoroughly melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.