Have you ever tried actually grilling your grilled cheese? With the Real Grilled Cheese recipe, you can be true to the sandwich and stop making it in a pan! But why stop there? This doesn’t have to be an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich. Experiment with it by adding all kinds of other yummy things to it.
- 2 slices of bread
- Preheat your Grill on high.
- Once preheated scrape off all remnants from the previous meal you made by using a cleaner brush and moving it vertically against your grates.
- Once clean (or when you decide you are done with arms for the day) wait until the grill reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place one side of the sandwich on the grill. Make sure the piece of bread is aligned with the grates in order to receive those nice grate marks—it adds a nice touch and highlights the fact that you are actually grilling your grilled cheese! Keep it on for 2:30 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and repeat. Double check to make sure the cheese has melted. If it has not, turn the temperature to low and let it sit for about a minute. The porcelain grates retain their high temperatures for a long time, so it is important to be aware of that so your bread doesn’t burn!
- Once done, use a spatula and place it on a plate to cool.
- A wise man once told me to actually grill my grilled cheese. He told me to be true to the name of the sandwich, and stop making it in a pan. So I took his advice, went out to my grill and grilled—a grilled cheese.