This Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich is an awesome sandwich combining two childhood favorites! Grilled Mac & Cheese makes an awesome lunchtime treat! Pair it up with tomato soup for a perfect meal! This is like a sandwich truck type of food! They’re amazing, and you know kids will go crazy for these! This sandwich is an ooey-gooey yummy meal that is just calling your name. It is a must try, so check it out!
- 4 slices Sourdough (or other dense bread)
- 8 slices American or Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1½ cups Macaroni & Cheese
- Over medium heat, warm ¾ cup of mac & cheese In a small nonstick skillet. Once warm (about 3-4 minutes), shape mac & cheese into a square about the size of the bread and top with 2 slices of cheese. Turn off heat.
- Butter 2 slices of bread and place both slices butter side down in another skillet over medium heat.
- Top one of the bread slices with 2 slices cheese. When lightly browned turn off heat. Use spatula to transfer mac & cheese rectangle onto cheese covered bread in the skillet.
- Cover with the other bread slice, toasted side up. Gently press together with spatula and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.