Melt in your mouth, Asiago grilled cheese sandwich that will make you feel warm and cozy on a cloudy, rainy day. Made with asiago, cheddar, and muenster!
Fancy Schmancy Grilled Cheese
Write a review
- 4 slices of GOOD QUALITY pre-sliced bread from the bakery section of your grocery store - we used sourdough
- 2 slices of muenster cheese
- 2 slices of Asiago cheese
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- *You can use any combination of cheeses you want! It does not have to be these three*
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of thyme
- Melt your butter in a sauce pan with your garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme.
- Lightly simmer, careful not to burn the butter, while you prepare your sandwiches.
- Lay your slices of bread out and spread ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard onto each slice.
- On two of the slices of bread, add one slice of cheddar cheese, one slice of muenster cheese, and one slice of Asiago cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese. The sides with the Dijon mustard should be touching the cheese.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the butter onto the top and bottom of both sandwiches until all the butter is gone.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your sandwiches until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
The Ultimate Cheese Sandwich https://theultimatecheesesandwich.com/